Environmental Sensing Systems specialises in the acquisition and interpretation of data describing vegetation structure and condition. With over 10 years' experience, we undertake the development of sensing devices and algorithms to improve knowledge and management of natural environments.
Our expertise ranges from direct environmental sensing using ground based instruments to the analysis of remotely sensed data from airborne and satellite platforms. Environmental Sensing Systems is based in Melbourne, Australia. We undertake projects nationally and globally.
- Software and algorithm development specialising in automated image interpretation and large volume data analysis
- Automated tree counting and tree delineation in high spatial resolution imagery
- Mapping vegetation structure from airborne lidar and terrestrial laser scanner data
- Sensor design using lidar and imaging technologies for vegetation measurement and monitoring
- Wireless sensor networks and online data services